Monday, June 9, 2008

Welcome to being 30...the age of Wisdom...blah...blah...blah











You know, I've always thought 30 was the age of maturity! The teens were full of just plain rebellion, 20's were full of learning from our mistakes of the teens and 30's were when we can finally live life because we understand it.....boy was I wrong! I feel the same....no smarter, or wiser or more mature....LOL I have had a fun birthday, thanks to my family and my wonderful husband. Saturday we woke up to go hiking. We hiked the first small part of "White Pine" in Big Cottonwood Canyon. Usually there is some snow midway up, maybe 2 or 3 miles in but there was snow from the trail head. It had just snowed some the night before, so there was a little dusting of snow everywhere and it was chilly but not frigid and it was so beautiful! My mom, brothers Brent and Matt and their families came. The kids had fun throwing snow balls and sliding in the snow. I had so much fun!

Later on Saturday, my family came over for a BBQ and jumped on my new trampoline, yes you read it right MY new trampoline :D I have wanted one for a long time and that's what I asked for and Shawn, my koolzorz brother helped me put it together, just he and I on Friday. So the kids jumped and we ate and I jumped to my hearts content, heaven knows what the neighbors thought of my ridiculousness, if thats a word. It was a fun day!

Today, I woke to my two beautiful daughters, Hailey and Abby singing "Happy Birthday". I loved it. I grew up having my mom and dad sing Happy Birthday to me on my Birthday about 50 times! I sort of miss that :D Dan isn't a big singer, so it brought a few little tears to my eyes to hear my sweet kids sing to me and they sang a few times to me during the day. When Dan came home from work, he brought my two fav pizza's, vegetarian and garlic chicken from Papa Murphy's. I rented a few movies earlier today and we watched them tonight and now I'm just blogging, my favorite past time and something I don't do nearly as much as I'd like. It's been a good year, lets hope I'm a little wiser as I approach 40 and that "maturity" I seek will finally settle on me then :D

6 comments:

The Jessee Journal said...

Happy Birthday Jenny! That sounds like a lot of fun. You're never too old for a trampoline right? :)

Lynette said...

Happy Birthday!! It was so fun to talk to you last night!! We said, "We could have talked to her for 2 more hours!" I love the pics!! I didn't know the whole fam went on the hike with you!! How fun!! It looks like a lot of fun!! And the tramp looks awesome! I am so glad you lived it up and jumped to your heart's content!! Shawn is awesome and I am sure he had a lot of fun helping you set it up!! Say hello to all of them for me!!

Kristi said...

Jenny happy birthday!!! It was fun to see you enjoying your birthday present. Hope to see you this summer.

Darren and Traci said...

How fun! I love all the pictures. That's cool that you all went on the hike together. Glad you had a good birthday. We need to get together soon instead of just talking about it!

Robin said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I've been told that after you turn 30 it's all down hill, but I don't believe it. After all I just turned 31 and I don't feel a day older than 29.

Keep playing and you'll stay young forever! I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

Chelsea said...

I am a little slow on the blogging...happy birthday girl! And we are getting a tramp this summer, only I don't know if I can go on it...four kids later I feel like everything is going to fall out when i jump...hmmm...too much info, sorry!!