Friday, November 27, 2009

Being Thankful at 30 Weeks!

For those of you who had the privilege of reading my rant, I'm sorry! I am changing it ;) Who wants to read a blog that is depressing, not I! I am 30 weeks along in my pregnancy. I technically have 10 weeks left. I have never gone to my due date. Hailey was 5 weeks early, Abby was 3 weeks early, Rachel was 2 weeks early and Joe was 1 week early. Everyone teases me that this one will go to it's due date. I don't think so. This pregnancy feels a lot like it did with Abby. With Hailey and Abby, my water broke. With Rachel and Joe, I had my babies natural. I'm always dilated to a 4,5, or 6 when checked at 36 weeks. We'll see how this one goes. It's been a rough couple of weeks...had a horrible cold/cough and no energy. I'm keeping in perspective the fact that I'm happy this cold is before baby and not after baby. I'm anxious to feel more like myself. I'm very happy I'm on the home stretch, what's a couple of more months, especially when Christmas is on the horizon! These next 4-5 weeks will fly by!

Well...to move on to a more positive note...the things I'm enjoying right now ;) (My Thanksgiving Grateful List)

Kids are off track, this is a good thing actually. I have lots of little helpers. I can't tell you how many times Hailey takes out the garbage. Abby is a great at cleaning bathrooms. My kids really are awesome! I just love them to death! They have been pretty patient with me and I'm grateful to them for that.

Dan is awesome! He is blessed to hear me whine constantly. He just listens. Poor guy. He put up our Christmas lights this year and put up our insanely easy to put up artificial Christmas Tree. I appreciate him so much!

Although I hate pregnancy, the one thing I do love and marvel at is the fact that I have a baby in me that weighs approx. 3 lbs. That's amazing! I love to feel him/her move. I love it that I only have a couple of months to go and that I'm not in the beginning stage. I'm nervous to deliver this one, it's been 5 years. It's crazy what you forget in that time. I'm also so very excited to have this baby! I can't wait!

I'm grateful that my husband has a great job! I'm so grateful for him and the time he spends supporting us!

I'm so grateful for online shopping, it makes life so much easier!

I'm grateful to my awesome Mom who helps with the kids and makes life so much easier!

I'm grateful for Shawn, who makes me laugh, understands my love for video games, likes to hang out with his old, huge sister and helps me bring in groceries and put them away. He's the best!

I'm grateful for all of my family in general and that I live near most of them. I miss Dan's family and wish we could see them more often. I miss the old days when we would get together and play games.

I'm grateful for my wonderful friends! Just to mention a few...Tricia, I can always go months without talking to her and we just pick up where we left off! I love it that age doesn't matter, she older than I and I always enjoy hearing her words of wisdom. Melba, my GBFF (gym best friend forever) for making exercise/lifting one of the most fun things I've ever done! I can't wait to get back! Rayna, my old college buddy, who introduced me to some good country music to which I would never have been a fan of. Mark and Trish, my game buddies. Nicole, my visiting teaching buddy, mia maid buddy, jewelry buddy, and healthy food fanatic. Chi-Wen, how I miss my old friend from Portland/Taiwan. I miss her cooking, her smile, her constant stream of compliments and always positive attitude and her love for the Lord. I've never met a person, not of my faith that is more honest and true. She is my Mom's age and I love how age has no relevance when it comes to friendship. The list goes on...I'm very blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life!

I am so grateful for my Savior. I'm grateful for my eternal family!

I truly am blessed! Thanksgiving was a great day! It was pretty crazy when the family all got together around 5 p.m. for dinner, but it's always fun to see my brothers and to visit and laugh with them. They are such good guys!

I hope Thanksgiving was wonderful for all of you! Bring on Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Liesl said...

Oh boy, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time right now, I'm so focused on getting past this first trimester that I forget it's hard in other ways in the third! Good thing we get a marvelous child out of the whole ordeal! :) I hope your throat and cough go away SOON! It was fun to read everything you're thankful for.

Lynette said...

I am thankful for you Jen. You are a great Sister in law, a great friend, a great example to me. Thanks for everything. I still can't figure out why I like playing pick with Dan and you... I am so bad at it and seem to be getting worse... but I think I just love being with you guys!! Maybe it's because Dan wins instead of Dave!! Losing is good for Dave.

lAuRa said...

man, sorry you're so sick! What a trooper you are! It will be so nice when the baby gets here! I'd MUCH rather go through labor than the whole 9 months of pregnancy. Feel like I can't do or eat anything. hah you have a great attitude considering all things, PLEASE let me know if you need any help or anything at all!

Rayna said...

I am so thankful for you! But I think we have some better memories than just country music! Can't wait to meet the new guy or girl in just 10 short weeks. Keep smilin! Luv ya...