One thing I love about my man is his ability to learn new things. If he's curious about it, he will learn all he can about it! In fact, I love this wonderful ability of his so much that when I'm interested in something, I ask him to do the research for me...lol. I know this irritates him sometimes but he's just so good at it!
While I've been pregnant he has been interested in skateboarding. My kids also have wanted to learn, so Dan bought them all skateboards. These were the cheap kind from Walmart and according to the kids they didn't go very fast....so Dan started researching different kinds of boards. Carving boards, cruising boards, etc. He found a couple he liked, bought one off KSL (his fav website). He wasn't too happy with that one so he got a new one. He didn't like that one so he changed a few things and gave it to Hailey, who is really good at boarding! I love to watch her! What girl do you know of that loves to skateboard? Well, in his research he found sites where people would make their own presses and he began to find out how to make the board he wanted. So over many Saturdays, he created these two skateboards, one for himself and another for Hailey. He also upgraded the other kids skateboards and will wants to make one for each of them and of course....for me! lol! I can't wait! After some trial and error, these boards turned out awesome! I loved watching them cruise up and down the street! I'm so proud of him!





7 comments:
My brother, he is so awesome!! I couldn't even stay on a skateboard, let alone build one.
Dave
so funny what Dave said!! I didn't even know he checks your blog!! Just before Christmas I was telling Traci about how Dave did tons of research before he found a camera we could buy. Dave loves to research and shop electronics. Traci laughed and said that when they were deciding what car to buy, she told Darren that Dave already did all the research and they should just buy the Honda Pilot at the same place we did. So funny. Now I know Dan likes to research too. But not the same stuff I guess. Dan is also so good creating and building his own. Dave gets so intimidated...he gets frustrated just fixing things around the house. He can do it, he just doesn't think he can.
GUESS WHO!!....Yeh, I'm bloggin, I' bloggin.... Jen, thanks for all the cool pix of the family. I love the name "Roo". That one will definately stick. Dave gets his "handy-man talent" from me. As you know I have alot of tools, somewhere, but the only one Mom lets me use is the Yellow Pages. She says, "It's cheaper, quicker and makes for a nicer spirit around the house."
Very cool!! Looks like the kids love them!
Judy@cutest-little-things
aww man, I'm dying to try that out again!! I wasn't as bad as I thought I would be!! :)
p.s. I know my birthday isn't coming up for a while...but tell Dan he can get a head start...;)
I love those skateboards. It makes me want to try it out again...I was never really good at it.
Congrats on a healthy, beautiful baby girl! I love the name Ruth. I honestly can't believe you had her natural. You are a rockstar.
Looks like the kids love them!
free internet jobs
Post a Comment