JANUARY 11, 2010 (1/11/10)
@
3:41 p.m.
RUTH LEAH
6 lb. 15 oz. 19 inches
was welcomed into our family!
Monday morning at 2:30 a.m. I woke to my water breaking, but only slightly. I couldn't sleep and waited to make sure. I only had occasional contractions, so I decided to take it easy at home and see if they would increase. They didn't so as the kids left for school at 8:00 a.m. Dan and I decided to go into the hospital. My Mom met us there shortly after. For some reason, my body just doesn't contract on it's own, either that or it doesn't need much to have a baby. They put me on Pitocin around 1:30 p.m. (my doc was unavailable until then, so I decided to wait). There are 20 levels of pitocin that they can give you and they started me at a level 1 and immediately the contractions increased. Within an hour I was dilated to a 6, they upped the pit to a level 2 and by 3:00 the doctor was there and ready. I was at an 8 by 3:15 and by 3:41 she was here! It was so quick! I was very nervous to have her natural. I had my last two kids (Rachel and Joe) without any pain medication. I knew I could do it again, but was very nervous I would remember how. I could not believe how easy it was! Ruth was a breeze! The contractions were very manageable until the very last 2 contractions before she came. My first reaction was where is my baby with all the dark hair?! She looked so much like Hailey when she was born. Blonde! She doesn't have as much hair as the others but what she does have is mostly in the back. She is adorable! I was so excited! I was also surprised by her birth weight. She was 3 weeks early and I knew she would be at least 6 pounds but almost 7 was great!
The hospital stay was very short as we both were healthy and ready to come home. I love the feeling after giving birth. I can walk around and sleep normal and feel so good to have the weight of the baby gone! The kids were so excited to see her! They all took turns holding her, it was like a swarm of flies, they just couldn't get enough. They have been such good kids! They hold her and are careful about washing hands. They are so happy to have her here. I love it that they all understand what is happening. When having my first 4 kids, they were all so young that Hailey was pretty much the only one who knew what was happening. This has been so wonderful! I also can't express enough appreciation to my Mom. She has saved me this week! She took the week off work to be with me and the kids. She's made breakfast, lunch and dinner, had sleepovers downstairs with the kids, taken Joe for a haircut, done the grocery shopping, etc.... I am so blessed to have her! Shawn took Joe a couple of times this week and hung out with him while I was in the hospital and again Dan and I were so appreciative. Having my parents in an apartment downstairs has been one of the BEST things we have ever done!
I'm also grateful to my wonderful husband. Dan has been an amazing help as well. It was nice for him to have a few days off to be with me in the hospital and help get all my laundry done. He is a good man!
I have to give a HUGE thank you to my sister-in-laws. Traci gave us some baby things to use, as well as Stephanie gave us clothes to use. I had nothing, if you can believe it! I got rid of it all! I thought Joe was our last ;) I am so grateful to them for let us borrow these things Ruthie will need. You guys are the BEST!
I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family and amazing friends!
Enjoy the pics!
10 comments:
she is perfect!!! me and the mel have a little something for her. I wanted to come visit but all my kids have been sick. hope you are doing well and loving having a newborn again.
Hey Jenny! Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! Do you call her Roo? We call our 3 year old Ashley, Ashley-Roo and now we just call her Roo. Such a cute name. So, Ruth looks like your other girls! Love the pics! BTW, when you aren't bleary eyed, I finally joined the blog world: www.onebighappybairfamily.blogspot.com
Tell Dan hi for me and I hope all continues to be well. You are amzing for having it all without meds. You truly are a wonder-woman!
OH my heck she is delicious!!! I love her! those eyes are beautiful! I cant wait to meet her! You are an amazing woman!
Beautiful, beautiful baby! I can't believe how perfectly they come out--it's amazing. I can imagine how much you're just loving her right now, I can't wait to hold my baby! :) Please LMK if I can have any of your kids over to play anytime. I'm so glad you have your mom, what a blessing (I'm so jealous!). Thanks for posting your story, I LOVE it!!
Jenny, she is PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL! You are absolutely incredible to give birth 3 times w/ out any pain medicine! I think you should have more! ;) CONGRATULATIONS! You are so blessed to have such an amazing mom!
She is gorgeous! How fun to have her in the family, congrats! I'm going to have to come see her cute lil face!
She is beautiful! And she totally looks like Hailey! I am glad that everyone has been such a blessing for you. Wish I could be there! Maybe in a few months. Enjoy her, they only stay little for a while and it is going to be gone in the blink of an eye.
Luv ya!
Such a gift... life is such a gift
She is seriously adorable! I am so glad to hear that everything went smoothly for you both and that you have a lot of support. What a blessing. I am so happy for you and your cute little family. It totally makes me want to have another one...she is so perfect and beautiful! :) Congrats!
So fun to see these pictures. My phone wouldn't receive the pics Dan sent. We are so happy for you. We can't wait to see all of you.
Dave
PS Not sure why this is attached to our troop blog, but there you go.
Post a Comment