Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Latest

Wow...time flies! Ruth is now 4 months old! She is so full of smiles and has laughed a few times. I am loving every minute of my time with her! She is such a good baby! She sleeps through the night and takes good naps during the day. She is a Mommy's girl. She is kind of fussy when I leave her with Hailey or Dan or even my Mom. She is getting close to rolling over. I don't think she will for another month. She hates being on her tummy, but I make her, to help her get stronger. It makes her mad :)

The kids are off track. They are looking forward to next year in school. They can't wait for the pool to open. Hailey met her new teacher, Mrs. Edwards. She is nervous and excited to go to a new school next year as part of the ALPS program. She has a lot of catching up to do this summer, because she will be basically skipping 6th grade math. I'm confident she'll do great, but she is nervous.

Abby was just in her UP WITH KIDS play, The Wonderful Witches of Oz. She had so much fun and we were so impressed with the costumes, music and all the kids who performed!

Hailey is going to be starting soccer this summer. She is so excited for it!

I'm doing my best not to be too stressed out keeping up with it all. I've been especially overwhelmed lately. The kids fight like crazy! One minute they are friends with each other and then the next, they fight like cats and dogs. I know that this is normal, but I hate it! I remember fighting with my brothers constantly!

On my other blog www.happyhealthystuff.com I've been tracking my weight loss. I'm trying to lose about 30 lbs. I hope to get there by Christmas. I want it to be a slow loss, so I don't have to do anything overwhelmingly drastic. My goals are to keep exercising, try to not eat late, cut out all sugar, except special occasions. I have cut back on eating meat and this has helped a ton! Besides I've grown to LOVE beans :) I'm trying to add healthy recipes when I can.





Face painting at my Aunt Teresa's block/neighborhood party in Logan when we visited a few weeks ago for my cousins Mission Farewell.





For about a week, Ruthie was sucking on her thumb constantly. This is a cute pic of that. She stopped and now sucks on her fingers. Hopefully she won't be a long time finger/thumb sucker like ALL of my other kiddo's


5 comments:

Liesl said...

I love the pics and love to hear what's going on with you guys. I can't believe Ruth is 4 mo. old! And, I can't believe how hard it is to have my kids fight with each other. . .I hate it too! Hang in there. :)

Stephanie said...

AWE I loved all the updates! such cute kids jenn! That face painting looks awesome!

Lynette said...

Hearing all this makes me miss your family a ton. We love you! Tell Hailey she is awesome! I want to hear about this new school and how she does. Tell Abby she is awesome and we want to see pics and video of her play. You are so lucky to have a thumb/finger sucker! I tried to get Jane to suck on her thumb and it's something you can't teach them... they do it or they don't. So I have the binky that is constantly getting lost! I think it is so healthy to have something to comfort yourself! And now we have a wonderful thing to cure them of it when the time comes for them to grow up! No worries! Enjoy!

Chelsea said...

OMW! Your girls are alll so beautiful!! The little thumb sucker, I love it! SO happy you are blogging again! I missed you!

Anonymous said...

We love the picture of Joe and Ruth. The kids are all getting so grown-up. We are anxious to see the video of Abby's play. Haily will do great in her new school. She is one smart cookie. I located a 6th grade math book for Hailey. I will send it to you. It's quite user friendly. Dan can figure it all out during some quality time with Hailey. We are looking forward to seeing everyone this summer. Love you all
Grandma and Grandpa Johnson