Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Catch Up...

I haven't blogged in forever! It's amazing how fast time flies!

Father's Day was so much fun...I have a cute pic with Dan and the kids below. I made the BEST Buttermilk Pancakes! I will post them below as well. Dan was a happy man.

Joe just finished t-ball. Oh my goodness, have any of you done t-ball with your kids?! It's so cute to see all the kids hitting the ball and running bases, sometimes running the wrong way or if you were Joe, running to first base with his bat still in hand or just running from 3rd base to go sit down instead of running home, lol. It was so much fun to go and watch him play. He's so cute!

About 2 weeks ago, I noticed Hailey had this weird black and blue spot on her gums. She had been to the dentist a couple of weeks earlier and they had told me that her adult canine tooth was growing in sideways and that I would need to take her to the Orthodontist. I thought I would wait until Dan had made the switch from Flat Iron to his new job with Thorthrup Grummon and then get her in. Well, after noticing that this canine tooth was bulging from her gums, I got a little worried and got her right in. The orthodontist said that we would have to pull her last baby tooth that wasn't budging and then she would need braces to pull that crooked tooth down and widen her mouth to create room for her canine teeth. If we waited that crooked canine tooth would hit the root of the tooth next to it and she would lose that adult tooth, so in a couple more weeks Hailey will be getting braces. She's not excited. Neither are we. She'll have one expensive mouth for the next 18 months.

Ruthie is almost 6 months old now, I can't believe how quickly she has grown. She loves to roll, refuses to sit up and loves the sound of her own voice. I love her so much! Babies are so much fun! She loves to grab everything in sight. The other night we slept out on the trampoline as a family and she snuggled right in next to me and loved looking at the stars. Every time I would open my eyes, she would just be looking up. We took the kids to see Toy Story 3 yesterday and she loved the movie. She was super loud, jabbering non-stop. It was really cute.

Last week, we went to see 3 movies, haha! Dan, Hailey and I saw Eclipse opening night. Talk about crazy! I'm not gonna lie, I was screaming as loud as all the 12 year old girls. The movie was great! Dan and I saw it again over the weekend...lol. We took the kids to see Toy Story 3 and Karate Kid. I loved them both! Karate Kid was amazing! Toy Story 3 made me cry, in a good way. I love movies!

This year I've enjoyed two hikes so far. The first one I did was with two of my brothers and a sister-in-law. We hiked White Pine. It's about 10 miles total. There was a ton of snow at the top and although it was tough hiking up it, it was so much fun sliding down it! Over the weekend, my brother Brent and I hiked Olympus. This hike I've done several times before, but wow, I wasn't prepared for what I forgot. It was brutal! I am still sore after 3 days and can hardly walk right. It is only about 2 1/2 miles up to the saddle of this mountain. I hiked this hike in about 3 1/2 hours, which is fast for me! No wonder I'm feeling it. In a few more weeks we will be hiking Timpanogos. This hike is about 15 miles and it so beautiful. I hope I survive. Every time I hike, I ask myself, why am I doing this? and I chant, "I'm never doing this again". But, I do, because I like a hard workout and nothing else compares. I'm feeling my age this year as my knees hurt so bad on the way down. Losing about 30 lbs. sure would help, dang it. Oh and despite my best efforts to remember my camera for these lovely hikes, I forgot. That must be from getting older too :)

(Below) Hailey and I before the Opening night of Eclipse. (We are so excited!)


6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Good grief, I half expect to see a wedding invitation or something with Hailey. She looks so grown up. Your family is darling. How did you like Eclipse?

teenie said...

Cute! I love reading about your family, and seeing the pictures too.

Lynette said...

Ruth is so beautiful!! So fun to hear how you guys are enjoying summer so far!! Can't wait to see you!!

Liesl said...

It's fun to hear from you again! So jealous you got to go to Eclipse on opening night, I would've been right there screamin' with you!!! :) I love all the pics, Ruth is so big already. Crazy!!!

stephrojas said...

Your kids are SO PRECIOUS! I just had to tell you, we hardly EVER get to go to the movies, it's just too darn expensive these days! However...I have also had the opportunity to see a few movies lately, since it's summer we are squeezing movie allowances into our budget! I have seen 4 movies lately, one was Eclipse (which I LOVED but need to read/see the others), Karate Kid (AWESOME movie), Toy Story 3 (SO CUTE), and we have also taken the kids to see Marmaduke (very funny)! I LOVE going to the movies too!

Glad you all seem to be doing well! I am envious that you have so many amazing places to hike! Fun!

Stephanie said...

love the pics!! I am so happy you LOVED Toy Story!! We need to watch it together as a fam!