
I have decided....to go back to school! I have always wanted to do 3 things...pursue music, learn more about nutrition and cut hair. I married at 19 and had my first baby a year later, and then my kids came every 2 years after that. Ruthie is now 14 months and I have felt over the last 3-4 years a real desire to continue my education, but what to do? After weighing many options, I decided about a year ago that I wanted to pursue hair. If you know me at all, you'll know I love to dress up! I love make-up, and I love doing crazy, fun things with my hair! I am so blessed to have my cousin Tammy who does amazing things with my hair! Once I decided a year ago to pursue hair, I began to search into all of my options...where would I go? Would I go full-time? What would I do with my kids? Do I really want to do this? After a lot of researching I knew that it wouldn't be possible to go in the mornings, because I would need to rely on my Mom and she works. So, I decided that night school would be a better option but it wouldn't be full-time and I was discouraged because I want to do this quickly and I want to learn from the best. I want to be good at what I do! Also, this nagging voice inside my head has told me to get going on this as soon as possible. Anytime I have thought about pursuing my education, I would get a great deal of anxiety. Obviously my kids were just too young and depended upon me a great deal. Dan's career has really only been pretty stable the last few years. Now that he's found a niche, I feel like I can find mine. This brings me to the opportunity of a lifetime! I was offered an apprenticeship with Radiance Salon. This is the Salon that my cousin Tammy owns. I will be able to take all the classes necessary and get in my hours through a certified instructor and build a clientele at the same time. I will learn the basics and then I will have one on one instruction and learn all the tips from some of the best. I am so excited for this opportunity and so grateful for this answer to prayer! It will be full-time...am I nervous about this? Not really. I think it will be so good for all of us! I can't wait to learn and am anxious to get started. When do I start? June!!! If I can plow through the book work and learn fast I will get in the hours necessary to start practicing on YOU! :) As a woman, I have had my share of horrible hair cuts! I've paid Super Cuts prices and have never been as happy as when I have gone to Radiance! Paying a little extra for some of the best services is so worth it! I'll keep you all posted!
10 comments:
Wow Jen, that's a big decision! Good luck!
Way to go! That sounds like the perfect opportunity for you :D :D
Your AMAZING!!!! I am so excited for you! If I could do it all over again I would have done an apprenticeship as well! It's the best way to go these days...in my opinion! Your a rock star & will be incredible! Go get em' girl!
Yes yes yes!!! I am so excited for you! (and a little jealous ;)) You will be great, I can't wait!
That is an exciting decision. Now I know where to go when I come to Utah. Oh by the way I chopped my hair off, about 11 inches to start!!!
This is so great for you. I think you'll love it and be so good at it. Let me know when I can help out with the kiddos or whatever. I know I'll be having a baby the month you start but I won't be down and out forever :)
I've thought so much about what I'll do once the kids are older, it's a tough decision but this sounds like such a good fit for you.
Can't wait to hear how this goes for you. You will be great at that! How exciting to be moving on to your next big adventure in life. Love it!
Awe...thanks for all the words of encouragement :)
Jenny! Wow! Congrats!! Can I make a confession...I have always wanted to go to school for the SAME thing! You will be so great at it too! That is so cool that you got an appreticeship and I hope all works out for you and your family. If you need some naturally curly hair to practice on anytime, you know where to find me!
So awesome. Good luck! You'll have so much fun.
Post a Comment