Saturday, December 29, 2007

Tag, I'm It.

Well, I've been tagged and I've been putting it off...so here goes!

10 Years Ago

I was just married in August of 1997. Dan's parents were visiting from Portland and his brother Dave and wife Lynette, and they're cute little girl Annie who wasn't yet one, if I remember right. We were living in Dan's grandparents home in Rosepark. I was working for Deseret Book as the Buyers Secretary. That was such a fun job! I worked downtown in the Crossroads mall. I remember just finding out I was pregnant with Hailey. Dan and I had decided that even though we had school to finish and were super poor that it was time to have a little baby. We were both a little worried and scared but felt peace and assurance that this was the right thing to do. It took me a month to get pregnant...Hmmmm. Anyway, we were really excited! Almost right away I was pretty sick and very tired! Dan and I were still adjusting to married life, my horrible cooking, his lack of job, etc... I can't believe it's been 10 years!

5 Years Ago

I had just given birth to Rachel on December 11. Of all my babies, she was the best! My pregnancy with her was hard, though. I suffer anxiety when pregnant and it was really bad with her. I basically laid on the couch with Hailey and Abby snuggling in my side watching movies and appreciating the help of my great visiting teacher Carrie who would bring over goodies and bring in meals a few times. Not many people knew of my anxiety and I'm so grateful for those close to me who heloped me through. Her birth, however was wonderful, I think due to the drugs for my craziness! I actually slept after I had her, where with the others I didn't sleep but only a couple of hours for several days, no sleep at all in the hospital! Anyway, Christmas that year was wonderful! It was in our Saguaro home and just our little family. How I loved that home and neighborhood! I grew so much living there, holding 5 callings, learning the organ, my first garden, 2 babies born while living there, loss of job, finishing basement, and many other things. This was a good time in my life!

1 Year Ago
Well, right at this second I was packing up our house in Portland Oregon. Dan and his dad had opened a business, called a PAR for Primavera (basically a dealership). We were leaving behind a wonderful ward, good friends (I miss you Chi-Wen!) and all the green! I was so excited I could hardly stand it, and I was so sad I could hardly stand it! Have you ever felt those two emotions at once? I made such wonderful friends while living there and I miss them immensely :( As with all of our 10 moves, we've had such good friends and family to help us move. It was Christmas and no one was around to help except Dan's Dad, brother Darren and our good friend Mike Davis. We were so grateful for the help, because we only had a few days to pack and move. I was so excited to see my family! Spending New Years with them and staying with my parents for a month while we looked for a home was cramped but wonderful! My parents were so wonderful opening they're home to us! The kids were excited to move as well, all except for Hailey who left her best friend Kiki behind and hasn't quite recovered in finding many new friends. Anyway, this was yet another big change in our lives! I can't believe we've been here a year!
Yesterday
Hailey, Abby, and Dan got the flu over the last few days and yesterday, they were recovering! We've been in the house all day! Fun, fun, fun :) I did get to the gym and shower but makeup and hair looked like crap all day :) Dan and I watched Ocean's 12 and took a nap. We played the game Blokus (way fun game) and I got mad because he always wins!
5 Favorite Snacks
Well, this is going to sound weird but my favorite snack is salad! I grew up on the green stuff and can't part with it, it's so yummy. I love tonz of stuff in my salad like cabbage, cucumber, kale, carrots, green peppers, celery and no iceburg lettuce, please! I'm not big on dressings but love to put a little lemon and oil and tomatoes are super yummy, especially garden grown! My next favorite snack is my protein shakes. I mix strawberries, soy milk, soy protein and this fills me up and is so good! I love those yummy cuties mandarin oranges. I could eat a dozen every day! Hmmmm 2 more fav snacks...okay, I'll give you the junk I love to snack on and shouldn't, Raisinets are so good, especially the dark chocolate covered ones. Lastly, if there are donuts around I will eat them! I love donuts!
5 Things to do with a Million Dollars
1. Pay off all debt!
2. Buy a huge Dodge Ram truck. Has to be black with a lift.
3. Pay all parents debt and set them up for retirement!
4. Buy Dan a few guns :)
5. Put the rest away!
5 Places to Run Away to
1. I love the library! I go there often to escape.
2. The temple.
3. On a date with my hubby.
4. My Moms.
5. The gym (weird, I know).
I'm looking at my list thinking I should put something exotic, but we went to Cancun this year...I hate going through customs...no fun. I missed my kids the whole time! I'm a local girl:)
5 TV Shows
1. 24 ( still need to watch last season!)
2. American Idol
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. Heroes
5. Biggest Loser
5 Things I Hate Doing!
1. LAUNDRY!
2. Having to plan meals and go grocery shopping.
3. Combing the girls hair.
4. Fishing things out of the toilet that Joe throws in!
5. Cleaning up puke...Dan does puke, I do poop!
5 Joys
1. Being with Family.
2. Reading
3. Running
4. Eating :)
5. Learning new things!
6 Interesting Things About Me
1. I love old movies, musicals and music. Give me anything with Doris Day or Bing Crosby in it or singing it and I'm happy!
2. I love music and have arranged a few hymns and composed a few things of my own.
3. I'm a health nut! Doesn't mean I always eat the way I should but I love learning about new, weird ways of eating healthy, alternative healing, etc.
4. I love shoes! I'm obsessed with shoes! I have to buy a new pair often...sad isn't it?!
5. Big shocker, but my feet! They have to be soft, clean, and always with nail polish on them.
Okay, this took me forever but was a little fun reminiscing, thanks Steph for the opportunity. Now, its my turn to tag.... Laura, Marcie & Traci...and Lynette (that means you have to start your own blog:))

4 comments:

The Jessee Journal said...

Jenny I love your blog : ) It is so fun to read. You've inspired me to be better about my own blog! You can check out my personal rants and raves at marciesmusings.blogspot.com

Robin said...

Jenny, that was such a great idea! I can barely remember what I did two years ago, let alone ten. It's so fun keeping up with you and your family this way. BTW I love that picture of you and Dave.

Stephanie said...

WAY FUN!! I enjoyed reading this! what a crazy past ten years huh! you are awesome!

Lynette said...

Jen,
That was so fun to learn so many things about you. You are an awesome person. I will have to start thinking about what I would say about me!!