Tuesday, December 18, 2007

This past week...

Well this has been a crazy week! How can it not be at Christmas. I went grocery shopping last week and swore I would never go back to the grocery store again...well, at least not until Christmas is over! I was shopping for 1 1/2 hours and in line for another whole hour! It was insane! I left the store seriously ba humbugging! I didn't listen to Christmas music for 3 whole days! Anyway, other than the last minute shopping, it's been a great week. We had Dan's brothers in town this last weekend. Darren, his younger brother is moving here, 20 minutes away in fact. I'm so excited about this! I will have another sister-in-law to hang with. It gets a little lonely hanging out with the kiddo's all the time. Dan's older brother, Dave, helped with the move. It was fun to have all the cousins playing together and visit with everyone for a little while before they all had to leave. Darren and Traci were off to Portland this morning and Dave and Lynette headed back home to Wyoming on Sunday, so it was a short but sweet visit, at least for us.

Last night Dan and I took Hailey, Abby and Rachel to see the movie "Enchanted". This is seriously a great movie! I loved it! The girls were laughing through the whole thing and Dan obviously thought it was just too much cheese! Joe hung out with his Grandma Jeanie and watched Toy Story and ate suckers and grapes. The kids always get suckers or some sort of treat when they visit grandma...I've tried to tell her they don't need all the junk but she insists... you know grandma's, they don't take no for an answer. It usually means "yes" to them :) She's a great grandma and the kids love her!


I joined Facebook a year or so ago and didn't know what that was all about, but I'm hooked now! What a cool way to stay in touch, see pix and know how your whole community of friends is doing! So this has been my little passion for the past few days. I hope everyone who's gotten my URL for this blog is reading, and if not, that's okay, it's fun for me to see what I've been up to. Life gets crazy and I forget what I do sometimes week to week. Keep your comments coming. I love hearing from fam and friends! Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the craziness of the holiday last minute shopping! I think it is soo hilarious to watch people! I took the kids shopping with me today for the first time in like 3 weeks and it was CRAZY but fun...I will be at the gym with you in the morning! hope you will be there I miss ya!

Troop 796 said...

It was so fun to see you. I can't wait until tomorrow. It is going to be a great weekend. We just love being with you and your family.