Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Anatomy of Peace


I have been reading a wonderful book, recommended and read by Laura and Marcie (thnx girls). This book discusses being at peace in your heart and not at war. Sounds all phsycological, doesn't it? I love this book because it's set up in a story format, about a certain family suffering with wayward kids. The parents send they're son to a sort of survival camp and the parents stay behind for two days to get some "advice" on parenting. So, I like the way the book sort of sucks you in. I think we all struggle with "people" in our lives. Why do they do the things they do? Why are they on again, off again people or why do they take advantage of us, or why are they blantantly rude? I think it's easy to very quickly feel "at war" with people and not really mean to, or maybe we do mean to. Ultimately, it's a choice. We don't view them as people, we view them as objects. I'm almost done with this book and I have learned sooooo much! Wow! I think this book is great in teaching us to be much more christ like and just how to do that. I certainly can see so many areas in which I need to change. Anyway, just a little book report for you... anyone interested in a good read, you'll find it in this!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

It sounds like an excellent book! I love that you tell us about this because it is hard to find good books sometimes. So I have to share something I found that is so good. RaeLynn said the devotional at BYUI was so good this week. Pres. Monson's daughter spoke all about her Dad. We listened to it this morning while eating breakfast. It is sooooo good. I love our new Prophet!! So Here is the URL for the audio: http://web.byui.edu/presentations/presPast.asp?sortType=1