Monday, February 11, 2008

Kickbox is Back!


I love kickboxing...I'm one of those who discovered the birth of Tae-Bo and in fact lost a considerable amount of weight after my second baby doing this. That is until I discovered running ;) actually plodding but hey, it's faster than a walk, right?! Well, at my local gym, we had a super fun kickboxing class Monday mornings, until the instructor found out she was prego and couldn't keep up with it...so I've gone without and had to settle for spin...now don't get me wrong, I love spinning (cycling) but when the instructor plays the same music for a year, it get's a little old. Well just a couple of weeks ago, they brought in a new instructor for the ever favorite Kickbox class! I loved it! We all should exercise, so if we're going to do it, it should be somewhat enjoyable! The only problem, which doesn't seem to remedy itself with time, is my complete lack of coordination...lol! If there is any fancy footwork, I'm lost! It's quite silly, really, but hey, I have no pride! This is why I don't do step classes either....way too much coordination and when it comes to dancing...just the lip biting, head bob, will do for me...he, he! So, tell me avid readers, what is your favorite form of exercise?

5 comments:

The Jessee Journal said...

I agree, kickboxing is wayy fun :) It's a lot easier to keep up with "hook" and "upper cut" then it is to figure out all the random moves in step! My lifting class has a step/kickboxing session on saturdays and I am LOST during step. My fav. exersize is DEF. TURBO JAM (yes, that is the program you see infomercials for). Talk about getting a good sweaty workout!

Lynette said...

Jen, I miss running with you!! Actually Dave and I were talking about this the other day and we think that maybe by spring Annie will be able to handle things at home if we go really early before it gets crazy!! This is our big hope!! It is hard to go by myself because around here, I am terified of mountain lions and moose!!

Darren and Traci said...

Have I ever told you about trying to go to a step class back in Idaho? If not I'll tell you about it sometime, I totally suck at it and can't do it. If I have to move my arms at the same time I get my feet all messed up. I felt like a dumb blonde that people make jokes about the whole time. So needless to say I only went 3 times. I wish I could be motivated to work out. I know I could get it shape and feel great but it feels so good just to sit there and eat candy instead! You're a good example to Darren and I though, now we just need to follow that example! :)

lAuRa said...

well...we love DDR (dance dance revolution). it IS quite the workout..I did it like 2-3 hours a day before I got married and lost a lot of weight! and it's fun too! some exercise is just monotonous and the time goes by very slow, but with this, it's like a game and exercising at the same time! =) other than that, I love step aerobics-I took a class in high school and still have the steps mastered...it's a matter of having enough energy to keep going! lol

Robin said...

Of course running is the best, but if I'm not doing that, my second favorite activity at the gym is the Power Flex class. This is a guided weight training class and I love it! My favorite part is when we are working biceps and I can actually see my muscles bulge. For a split second I can pretend that I'm strong. Then we do push ups and the illusion is shattered. Oh well.