Tuesday, February 5, 2008
To Working Mothers...
Can't find sleep...until 1 a.m. A child cries...2 a.m. She is sick. 3 a.m. another child find me, her tummy hurts. She sleeps on my floor. 5 a.m. alarm sounds...time to go to the gym. Can't go...too tired...6:30 husbands alarm sounds...I get up, bathe kids. I take a shower. Feed the kids, make lunches, do childrens hair. Feed kids, for me, no time for breakfast. Send kids to neighbor at 7:30 a.m. Take the younger children to my mom's. Barely make it to my training class that begins at 8:30 a.m. Learn about Scheduling, WBS, Activities, Project Management, etc. I get out of class at 3:00, drive to pick girls up from school. Drive to pick up younger kids at mom's. Visit for a few minutes, drive home. Take daughter to Jazz Dance. Give kids leftovers for dinner, pick up daughter from Jazz...7 p.m. pj's and prayers. 7:30 p.m. husband to return from scouts, has to catch up on work. Clean house, make grocery list, start laundry, watch a little American Idol. Hit the Hay...is the next plan. I've got to hand it to you Mother's who work, even those of you who work from home in your own creative way. I've stayed home with my kids, for the most part since Hailey was a little baby. It has been such a huge sacrifice! Times have not been easy. But, as my children get a little older, I find myself wanting to finish school or find some way in which I can acquire a skill that would pay the bills if I ever find myself in that sort of situation. Dan's business has been a great opportunity for me to help them and inch my foot into something that could pay the bills and is a much sought after skill. This has been a great blessing that hasn't required me going out of the home and has given me something to learn in those few hours during the day when my children are napping and in school. Taking care of my kiddo's is a full time job in and of itself!!! Taking care of the house on top of all that is another full time job :) Cooking....callings, exercise...it's a lot of work...so to add a couple of hours a day has been a good thing, but today, I realized that doing both the work outside and inside of the home is...well...for lack of a better word....a lot! Whew! I'm glad to be back to being, just mom, tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! I was exhausted just reading about that! lol I don't know how working moms do it either! I love being a stay-at-home to watch my lil baby grow up and not miss any of her precious moments! I actually would hate to have to work-lol, I'm not cut out for that! BUT--I agree with you Jenny, I've been thinking about what I would fall back onto if something happened to my hubby. I am trying to figure out what it would be that would be substantial to raise up a family on my own and still be a mom! =)
I agree -- being a working mom would be so hard! You have to have energy for work, and for your family. I get tired just thinking about it. I'm so grateful that we've been able to make things work so that I can stay at home! Though, I must say, my days do not yet resemble those of yours -- I can't imagine what it will be like with 4! My two keep me busy as it is ;)
LOL! that what so funny to read:) that is what my life has always consisted of when i worked full time and now just my 2 days a week..it is for sure a hard thing to do but when you have to do it, you just kinda get used to it and it does not seem so exhausting:)(well till you have a loong vacation and you have to go back to work, or you throw in some sick kids!) you are sooo awesome for bettering your education, i just hope that i dont ever need to be the big income maker!
Post a Comment