I woke up this morning to french toast, apple juice and 3 beautiful girls smiling at me, ready with hugs and kisses. It was a wonderful surprise! Dan always makes my birthday, our anniversary and Mothers Day the best days of the year for me. He goes ALL out! Yesterday Dan took Hailey with him for a couple of hours and brought home a beautiful display of spring flowers. I had been resting with Abby who had not been feeling well and came out to see him putting away a massive amount of yummy food and a big gift on the counter and those beautiful flowers. I'm a huge sucker for flowers :) I had such a wonderful day, with all the beautiful pictures and cards the kids and Dan gave me and my gift was classic...a big tub of Red Vines, Jujy Fruits, 2 brushes and weight lifting gloves. Dan told me Hailey picked them all out for me. Red vines and Jujy Fruits are obviously my favorite candy! The brushes made me laugh because every morning I yell through the house for the girls to bring me my brush! The weight lifting gloves are for the fast that I'm a weight lifting monster these days. The poor kids ask me every morning "do we really have to go to the gym?" I feel bad that they don't like it, but it's an hour each day for me to somehow maintain good health, you know with the red vines and jujy's on the side...LOL.
Church was wonderful as well. Great talks and a beautiful musical number the youth sang, and I had the privilege of being able to accompany them. Our lesson in Young Women's was on Temple Marriage and we had some great discussion, how I love my calling and these girls who are 14 and 15! How I pray for them to be morally strong in a world that is morally disintegrating!
Dan ordered me to go lay down while he made a beautiful dinner! He made the best Jello ( I love Jello, yes I know that's weird), and a beautiful roast, with mashed potatoes and asparagus and rolls. Dan is a great cook. He bakes a yummy peach pie for later and then he and I took a nice long nap after dinner. It was such a nice relaxing day.
We just got back from visiting my parents and wishing my mom "Happy Mother's Day" She really is the best Mother! I hope someday I can grow up to be just like her. You know as you grow into adulthood you find that most adults are pretty human, but my mom still is as sweet and patient and kind as ever. I never hear a cross word from her about anyone! She is empathetic and understanding and I don't know what I ever did to deserve her.
I hope all of you had a very special day! I can't wait to hear about yours :)

It was such a beautiful day, I made the kids take this picture with me.

These flowers smell so dang good!

Dan and Hailey making dinner. I love how he always involves the kids.
5 comments:
So maybe Dan can give Darren some pointers for next year :) Sounds like you had an awesome day. It's so nice to feel appreciated and loved huh?
That sounds wonderful Jen :) Way to go Dan for making such a great day.
Way to go Dan and kiddos. the nap is always my favorite part of Mother's day. i could even live without flowers and candy if I can just have a quiet nap on Mday! Glad you had a great day. Give your kiddos a squeeze for me.
You guys are the best and I am sure your kids had a great time doing nice things for you. On Mother's day I was getting Kate ready and she was crying about me doing her hair and Megan said to Dave, "Dad, you better go in there and tell Kate to stop... she is going to ruin Mother's day!"
Dan is da man, what a great hubby! glad you had such a great day! =)
Post a Comment