Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Babies!

Just the other day, Hailey (age 11) went out with friends to her first movie WITHOUT parents! Yikes! This was just about as exciting as her first day of Kindergarten! Where has time gone? Why are they growing so fast?! Wasn't I just her age? She saw The Tooth Fairy and had a ball! She went again today with another friend. This girl of mine is just blooming before my eyes! I have to admit for about the last 6 months I thought I was going to pull my hair out, she just wants a little more independence and freedom and it's just been so hard for me to realize this! I have prayed my guts out to understand my almost teenager and have felt that I have had some answers these last few weeks. I think Ruth is literally a Godsend. It's been fun to see these kids rally around her. They love her! Hailey is WONDERFUL with her! It takes me back to when my Mom had her youngest...Shawn. I was 11. I LOVED it! I had wanted a sister, since I have all brothers, but I'm so happy my Mom had Shawn. He and are buddies and still love my buddy, even though he is now 20 and too opinionated for his own good, lol!

Abby (age 9) was caught wearing makeup every day this week. Dang it! This girl has so much personality and I love it! Abby will be 10 this year and is right behind Hailey in her pre-teen-ness, if that's a word. She wants to be a Movie Star when she grows up. This doesn't surprise me. She is in an acting class called "Up With Kids" and is doing a play in May called "The Wonderful Witches of Oz". She has the part of Evanna. She has about 11 lines in the play and is singing/dancing all of the songs. I can't wait to watch it! She loves it! She is quite the little actress. This has been so good for her. I will have to post pics and some video if Blogger will let me.

Rachel has been struggling in school with her reading/speech. She has improved a TON! She is getting so excited about reading! Rachel will be 8 this year. Again...where the flip has time gone? It's crazy! She has lost 5 teeth so far! This girl will always be a princess. She loves to dress up still and puts together all kind of fun outfits. It totally reminds me of me when I was little. I walked in the other day and she had a slip on her head (her long beautiful pretend hair, like she needs to pretend). That was totally me.I find lip marks all over the mirrors and walls, from her kissing her pretend princes. I just love little girls! They are so cute!

Joe (age 5) is going to start Kindergarten this year!!!! Ahhhh! He is soooo ready! His birthday is in September and being home with Mom all year has been mostly good for me. I have loved spending time alone with my buddy. He has started piano and has almost passed Rachel. He loves to practice. I told him her has to play the piano until he's 8 and then he can learn the guitar. He mostly wants to learn the guitar, so he's putting up with me making him do piano, although I know he loves the piano. This kid can skateboard! He is so naturally good at sports. He is his Daddy's buddy. He loves to spend time with Dan and Dan loves to spend time with him. His favorite song is I am a Child of God. I find him singing to Roo all the time. It's so cute.

Ruth is 6 weeks. Have 6 weeks really just flown by?! I was reading a wonderful book called "What the Scriptures Teach Us About Raising a Child" by Michael Wilcox. He talks about the impressions he received about his children when they were born. In asking Heavenly Father about his children he has always received an impression or answer about each one and their specific personalities, their potential weaknesses and strengths. I completely agree. I don't know about when they were just born, but within a couple of years, it's interesting to see how different each of my children are and the inspiration I receive for each one. Ruth is such a sweet little baby! This little girl has cracked a few smiles in the last week. It's fun to see her entire face change. She loves to eat! This girl eats every 2 hours, without fail. The last 2 nights she did go about 3 hours and it was nice to sleep for 3 hours straight without interruption. She hates her hands wrapped up in a blanket and prefers sleeping on her tummy or side. She hates to be on her back. She grunts like crazy. She toots like an adult and it makes us all laugh. She loves music, anytime we sing or play the piano she is calm and looks around. She loves her Grandpa Ron's voice. When she hears his voice, she perks up and starts looking around. She takes a binky and a bottle!!!!! This is huge! Hailey was the only other baby of mine that did this. Oh the freedom! She loves the hours of 9:00 p.m. to midnight. This was when she was most active when I was pregnant with her. She's still most active at this time. I munch her to death. This poor girl doesn't go 5 minutes without being kissed by Mommy. I have to. She's my last.

Life with my 5 babies is crazy! It is getting easier. I think I was so used to the freedom I had before Ruth, that it has been quite the adjustment for me with a new little baby around again. I have so many 1/2 finished projects. I don't get ready for the day until right before Dan comes home. My dinners are taco's and spaghetti and scrambled eggs with toast, not together or in that order, but those are seriously the meals I make each week. The t.v. is on constantly. I give them a piano lesson once every 2 to 3 weeks. However, they have all been giving family night lessons and Dan and I have still kept out date nights each week with the kids. They love it and I'm happy we get some time with them one on one. I've decided this year to put each of my kids on a different track in school. I hope to be able to spend one on one time with them this next year. I just can't do that when all 5 are home together at once. I hope the school will let me do this!

Life may be crazy, but I love it!

5 comments:

Liesl said...

Woah! 4 different tracks? I never would've thought of doing that. I'm curious to see how you like it. You're such a great mom. I LOVED this post!

Stephanie said...

your kids are the best! I cant believe Hailey is going to movies!!!!

Amy said...

Jenny, it is so fun to hear about your life and your wonderful family. You are an amazing mother and I am inspired every time I check your blog. Was it really that long ago that we were playing together and now we have kids that same age-crazy.

Kaylene said...

I love your blog...you are such an inspiration to me. Thanks for your example and being willing to share sweet thoughts about your kids and life. You are an amazing woman! :) Love ya!

kanishk said...

You're such a great mom
free internet jobs