Sunday, November 7, 2010

Personal Progress


Today, Hailey and I had the opportunity to do some Personal Progress together. For those of you who don't know what that is...it is a program in our Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-
Day Saints, just for our Young Women. In this program we are given Values:
  • Faith
  • Divine Nature
  • Individual Worth
  • Knowledge
  • Choice & Accountability
  • Good Works
  • Integrity
  • Virtue
For each of these values there are goals the girls can achieve and projects that they can do to help them understand these values and live them. It is a program that helps shape them into good women, Wives and Mothers.

I am so grateful for this program! I remember working on these goals as a young woman myself, but now as a mother, I have the opportunity to work on them with my daughters as they turn 12.

This morning, Hailey and I studied the A Proclamation On The Family. We studied about Faith, the role of Mothers and Divine Attributes of our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for all of these things. I am so grateful for these values listed above and the opportunity to study them, live them and teach them to my children.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I am in YW now too, and I love PP. So grateful the church allows for these kinds of opportunities for growth. For the girls and their moms/leaders!