Tuesday, December 30, 2008
The Mall (da..da...dum)!
I'm not a shopaholic. I hate buying clothes for myself or anyone else. If I can't find it at Target or Walmart, I will find it online. I don't really venture outside of West Jordan, if I can help it. I guess I'm not the typical (if there is a typical) girl. I HATE SHOPPING unless it's shoes! Well, I have a good friend, who is also my lifting partner. She is obsessed with any kind of comic character...her fav being Batman. My husband really wanted a Ramones t-shirt. There is a store at the mall called...Hot Topic. Why do I know this? Well, I've been there a time or two for a couple of t-shirts that I pretty much wear only at home....or to Shawn concert..lol. I needed to get my friend a t-shirt for Christmas (yes, I'm late) and I wanted to get Dan a Ramones shirt for Christmas (yes, I'm late, cause he broke the rules, NO EXCHANGING GIFTS FOR CHRISTMAS). So, I pile all 4 kiddo's into the van and make my way across the stinkin valley to Fashion Place Mall. The word fashion alone scares me and causes massive anxiety. We get to the mall only to find every parking spot taken, I kid you not! Even the kids are commenting on the fact that it is very busy. So we park out in Nevada and make our way through the parking lot into the mall. Anxiety is gripping my soul at this point, as kids are hanging on for dear life to my hoodie, hands and purse (not enough hands for 4 kids). We push our way through crowds and walk clear across the dang mall to the lovely Hot Topic. In the background is serious screaming matched with some pretty cool guitar and drums (why can't the singing match the other talent?). Abby, Rachel and especially Joe are terrified of this place. Joe starts crying and wants to be held and Abby is telling me that this is Satans store (hahaha) and we need to leave. I search and search for a cool Batman shirt but can only find tiny suction cup t-shirts made for girls with perfect figures, of course none of those girls wear those shirts...haha...and finally find a cool action figure comic shirt and then go in search of a Ramones t-shirt. They only carry them in size small...dang it, gonna have to get the Ramones shirt online. So we make our way to the register and wait in the mile long line with some seriously scary folkes with their mothers. We finish our purchase and run out of there...my train in tow. The kids beg me to never take them back there again. I agree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Haa Haaa you crack me up. I am so the same way. I actually don't remember the last time I went to the mall. It was good to see you last weekend. Your kids are so cute!!
LOL! I used to love shopping- I was at the mall at least every other day...but now, it's very sparse. omg I totally agree about Fashion Place...holy stinkin crowded!! P, Tam & I went the week before christmas and the parking lot was ridiculous! we had to wait in the parking lot for 45 min. to leave! and of course-Mikkie was at home and was out of milk so I had to hurry by butt home before she went into a panic attack. hehe I will never go to that mall again if I can help it. ur kids are so cute, that's funny that they called it satan's store..lots of people would agree. =)
I love to read your blog! You are so stinking funny. I love the narratives you give, seriously, you nearly had me in tears! :) Hope all is well with you guys. Thanks again for the laugh.
Post a Comment