Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick-or-Treat






What a day! My day started at 4:30 a.m. when I was crazy enough to pull myself from bed and run 5 miles at the gym! I hurried home to get Hailey up at 6 a.m. to go to choir at the school. I then got Abby up and, of course, she has to have make-up! She looked too adult with it on, I'm glad she's still 7 and not 17! We got her off to school and then Dan and I had to hurry and take our van in to get fixed (it was shaking really bad when you get up to 60 mph), so then we had to run some errands for his work, and then we went in search of pumpkins! We couldn't find pumpkins anywhere! I couldn't believe how just last weekend, there were boxes of them overflowing and now, not one to be found. We went to 3 places and finally found a few dilapidated ones at Harmon's. We then rushed home to put Rae and Joe down for naps. Rachel came down with a fever and earache Tuesday, so she still wasn't quite herself. The girls came home from school and we carved pumpkins, then ate a quick bowl of chili and it was time to get ready. Rachel of course had to have her hair up, and all getting all the girls ready was quite the ordeal, but fun! Dan had the easy task of getting Joe ready, how would it be? I took the kids out at about 6 p.m. and we had so much fun looking all the costumes and houses decorated ( I need to be better about decorations!). There were a few houses Abby would NOT go to because they were too scary, but the other kids had no problem. They came home and hour later with tons of candy! I, of course, had to sort through all they're candy and beg a few pieces off of them and had them go to town on they're candy because after Halloween, it's one piece a day, isn't that mean of me?




My parents came over around 8p.m. to see the kids costumes. They had so much fun telling grandma and grandpa all about it! Then we watched "Private Eye's" with Don Knotts and Tim Conway. I love that movie (Teresa, have you seen it? We were thinking of you!). It was a super fun day!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a crazy day! But sounds like you guys had fun...my house was one of those that alot of kids would not go to cause i had some pretty scary and gross sounds playing out my window ..it was sooo funny to watch the kids run when it screamed..sorry about the gym, i did not go yesterday cause of my tooth(it is killing right now cause i worked all day and forgot to take meds with me!) and today i went to johs class which he is still playing the same music!!! LOL ...I work at 6 tomrw mrning so i will call tmrw nght..