Thursday, November 1, 2007

Carving Pumpkins!

Carving pumpkins is such a fun tradition. The last two years we were in Portland and we would get together with Mom and Dad Johnson and carve pumpkins together, but this year we were on our own and decided to do it Halloween night.

So about noon on Halloween Dan and I went shopping for pumpkins, Yeah right! We couldn't find pumpkins anywhere! We went to Walmart, they were out, Smiths, a couple of pumpkin patches, which were closed, and finally to Harmons where they had only a few and they weren't that pretty. So gathered what was left and bought them. We learned our lesson, next year, get pumpkins early...duh!

As usual for our pumpkin carving, it's us parents (usually Dan) that cuts the pumpkins out. The kids take one scoop out of the inside and they're done, then they design the front of the pumpkin with a marker and Dan and I cut away. So here are the pumpkins the "kids" did. It really was a lot of fun!



Joe decided to show my his Lightning McQueen instead of his pumpkin...whatever makes him happy is what my motto was yesterday!



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

WAY fun! I whish I had the talent or should I say patience to carve! that looks like it was alot of fun!