Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Spider Bite Saga


So, yesterday was a full day! I was so excited to have Matt & Stephs kids over to play and got a super cute picture of Haven...which I'm posting. She snuggled with me the whole time Steph was gone. Aubrey, Parker and Samm played with my Rae and Joe so well. We all had to much fun! After they left, we had lunch and it was off to take Abby to the doctor. Abby wasn't sure if I was going to get her out of school early because I was still debating about whether to call the doctor, so she was a little surprised and a little scared. So she cried quite a bit on our way to the doctor and I had to reason with her quite a bit and explain that the doctor probably wasn't even going to touch it, just look at it and that she wouldn't have her finger chopped off, or have to go to the hospital and I had to reassure her the whole way there! Our doctor is wonderful, but he's downtown so it's quite the commute to get there, but he will be moving in a few weeks to the new women's center by the new hospital over off of 5300 S. State Street....anyway, that will be nice for us! Dr. Templeman was so nice and told Abby that looked like it hurt and she reassured him that it did not hurt! He smiled and said that it looked a little infected and would treat it with some antibiotics, and that was it. Abby was so relieved that she smiled the whole rest of the day. I asked Dr. Templeman what it would look like if it had been a poisonous spider (black widow or brown recluse) and he said that the skin would turn black and spread and she may, not always is this the case, have upset stomach, vomiting and fever.

This has been a good thing because I told her she would get super sick if she sucked on her two fingers and that puss went into her tummy and that did it. She hasn't put those fingers anywhere near her mouth, however, I do think she's sucking her two other fingers on her other hand during the night, but at least it's not constant like it's been. We'll see :)

One other quick tidbit, I went to YW/YM last night...holy cow! Talk about from the frying pan into the fire! They were crazy! The leaders could hardly get there attention for some planning we needed to do for YW in Excellence. It was crazy and I couldn't get home fast enough. I met some great girls and am excited to get to know them but that was kind of overwhelming for me right out of the shoot. Pray for me....Please!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

what a way cute pic of haven! my kids had sooo much fun and cant wait to come back! and that is the funniest thing about abby..the poor thing! it is a good thing that she is not mine cause i would have said if you do not stop crying the doctor might have to cut it off!LOL well ya know me! anyway i am going to be at the gym in the morning to run lets say 5 or 530 i hope to see you there! ps i am sorry you had such an overwhelming first meeting! it will get better as they get to know you..what kind of things are you guys planning?

Jenny said...

We were planning young women in Excellence. We were planning a song for the girls to sing to they're parents and it was pretty cutsie and the girls just weren't into it. We made these little die cut babies w/napkin diapers attached with a little pink pin. It's a handout with a cute saying (can't remember that saying). Anyway, that's what we were doing this last Wednesday. This Wednesday is YW in Excellence and then I don't know after that. I'm really glad I'm an advisor and not the counselor :)