HIS NAME - Daniel Scott - his bro Dave chose his name. His name was going to be Michael Paul
HOW LONG WE'VE BEEN TOGETHER - 11 years in March.
HOW LONG WE DATED - 6 weeks before we were engaged. Engaged 4 months.
HOW OLD IS HE? 35
WHO EATS MORE? he does! All I have to say is don't mess with his food!
WHO SAID I LOVE YOU FIRST? He did. We were outside his apartment, standing by his car and he said "I think I love you". he he :) I said "Well, I think I love you too" We haven't missed a day of saying it to each other since!
WHO'S TALLER? That's a tough one LOL! He is but only slightly. He's 5'10" and I'm 5'8".
WHO'S SMARTER? He is! All I have to say is don't play trivia games with Dan...he'll beat you every time, hands down! He's like a filing cabinet with random facts constantly on the tip of his tongue!
WHO DOES THE LAUNDRY? ME!!!
WHO DOES THE DISHES? 50/50 He helps with dishes all the time when he's home! I love it!
WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED? Me
WHO PAYS THE BILLS? Me....but we sit down and go through our budget weekly together. Dan is amazingly good with money! I just basically write the checks.
WHO MOWS THE LAWN? He does...I do all the weeding!
WHO COOKS DINNER? We both do. I plan the meals. He's a great cook! He makes me meals all the time...omelets in the morning and his fav thing to make me is a great steak dinner w/ crab salad, potato and fresh greens. Dan also makes the best chocolate chip cookies!
WHO DRIVES WHEN YOUR TOGETHER? Why this question? Dan ALWAYS drives! He goes insane in the passenger seat...no control whatsoever and when I really want to make him crazy, I insist on drivng just to get a rise out of him.
WHO IS MORE STUBBORN? Hmmmm....that's a tough one...we're both really stubborn!
WHO KISSED WHO FIRST? He kissed me! We were sitting on my porch at the end of our 3rd date and he leaned in and said "Aren't first kisses awkward?" And it was the best kiss!
WHO ASKED OUT WHO FIRST? Well after he stared at me for about 6 months and after I grabbed him to dance with me at a single adult dance to get away from a very persistent boy...he asked me out...and I said "it's about time!"
WHO PROPOSED? He did! He wants you to know nothing he planned worked out, which is what makes this story so great! We had picked out a ring a couple of weeks before and he didn't tell me he'd picked it up and he came to my house after work. We were sitting around visiting with my fam and he said he had to drop off a cd player and cd's to his buddy and that he needed to get going and I really wanted to go, so he said okay...We drove downtown to the church we first danced at before school began for the year and said he was meeting the kid there but all the doors were locked. So he said he'd check to see if he was at the college. So it's like 9:00 p.m. and they were starting to close things up at the school and so we're walking through the school and we go up the stairs to where our Old Testament class was held (where he stared at me for 6 months!). He checked that door and it was locked so we went up to the ballroom (I had no idea what was going on...none!). He plugs in the CD player and plays Bryan Adams "I'll Always Be There" and asks me to dance with him and I'm thinking we need to get out of there, they're locking up! He just dances with me and during the song and tells me he heard this song earlier that day and called the radio station to get the name of it because it was exactly how he felt about me and asked me to spend eternity with him. He pulls the ring out of his sock (he he) and put it on my finger. I flipped out! I was so excited that he managed to make what was going to be so expected such a sweet surprise!
WHO HAS MORE SIBLINGS? I do, by one! He has 2 brothers and I have 3.
WHO WEARS THE PANTS IN THE FAMILY? He does, in some ways and I do in others...we won't go into that too deeply! We work together well until we don't ha ha!
(disclaimer....this is all him...nothing in here is by my hand!)
5 THINGS HE WOULD DO WITH 6 WEEKS OFF WORK
1. Learn to snowboard.
2. Learn to fly fish
3. Go to some remote island and sit by blue water.
4. Shoot guns.....a lot!
5. Eat...a lot! LOL!
5 THINGS HE WANTS TO DO WELL BEFORE HE DIES
1. Control my profanity....damnit!
2. Run 5K with no donuts at the end!
3. Get snoring under control.
4. Learn to play the guitar...better.
5. Learn the right thing to say when my wife asks me "does this make me look fat?" (whatever!)
(Disclaimer: Jenny Wrote this, All of this, and It's all Crap!!!) Truth hurts, baby!
5 THINGS PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT HIM
1. He loves musicals!
2. He cries during most sappy love movies! He doesn't think I notice:)
3. He makes really cool, very colorful, crafty invitations! (Scout court of honor coming up and he made the invites...they were out of color cardstock. They were pocket knifes where the knives had the info about the court of honor and he used brads and everything! Our neighbor told him not to quit his day job!) LOL (We are laughing so hard right now!)
4. He knows every band that ever existed! (my bro shawn listens to celtic punk stuff and Dan's actually heard of these bands...go figure!)
5. He taught me to cook. No joke...all I could make was spaghetti and taco's. He introduced me to the "good" stuff!
5 OF HIS BEST TRAITS
1. He doesn't let things that need to be said go unsaid, if that makes sense. He's a great communicator!
2. He is very considerate of my needs, wants, etc. Anything I need, he will find a way to get it for me.
3. He is the best gift giver. He will keep track of things I've mentioned I've wanted for a long time and surprise me with it.
4. He is soooooooooooooooooo funny! He tells jokes and is goofy all the time.
5. He is the best kisser....sorry I have to put that in there!
5 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT HIM
1. His laugh!
2. He loves our kids and takes time to teach them. He never bawks at taking the kids if I need to go somewhere. He loves spending time with them.
3. He is good to my family.
4. He's really warm...I'm talking werewolf warm! Nuclear warm! It's great for snowy nights...he he!
5. He loves me! I don't ever wonder or doubt that, not ever!
I'm always posting about me...my thought, feelings, ideas. This was a fun chance to shed a little light on my hubby...so tell me about yours?!
4 comments:
That was so much fun to read! I love the story about your proposal.
Dan I had no idea you had a profanity problem! I'm shocked! :)
LOL-- that was very entertaining and amusing to read!! I cracked up about the card-making...i'm sittin here laughing my head off in front of the window, the neighbors are prob. wondering what the heck my prob. is! haha I didn't know like ANY of this stuff about him, thanks for sharing! that was fun! =)
Just yesterday Dave was talking about when he and Dan were little and sleeping in the same bed and Dan always kept the bed warm!!
i loved it!
Post a Comment