Saturday, September 20, 2008

Clean Rooms & Insomnia

Every once in a while I have a night where I can't get to sleep and/or I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. Lately, this has been the case. I've been doing spin classes every day at my gym and I am dreaming of it when I sleep and if you've ever been to one of these classes, they not only kill you, but they are fast paced. So, after having been to one of these grueling classes yesterday, I come home to get ready to dung out my kids messy rooms. The night before last, if your still following my mixed up days, my husband went to check on our 2 older girls and found their bedrooms a complete dump. We moved them down there about a year ago with the understanding that they would keep their rooms clean and dirty laundry off the floor but this hasn't been the case and after a billion opportunities to keep it clean and several thousand speeches later, we hit the wall. So Hailey being our worst organizer is now switching rooms with Rachel. Rachel is a neat freak! She is upstairs in her own room but when she found out she was going to share the "BIG" room with Abby she was so excited she started packing immediately! Hailey threw a fit. Let me just say that Hailey is an AMAZING girl! She is so flippin smart and I never have to remind her to do homework, read. She is so good with Joe and helps me so much around the house...but she is terrible at keeping her room clean. I mean, its not just any small thing out of place it's a huge disaster....like a cyclone hit the room! Abby keeps some order so we decided that this would be good for Hailey to have her own room. I mean the oldest just needs her own space! I would know this only too well! I had to laugh that she was so upset having her own room. It wasn't until I explained all the advantages to having her own space that she calmed down.

Well yesterday Dan came home early from work and we all (kids included) worked for 3 hours getting all of the kids rooms arranged and scrubbed from ceiling to floor. It was quite the undertaking. We were all tired when it was done. The kids loved their new spaces and vowed to keep them better organized. We set up an allowance system with them. They will get $3.00 a week if they get homework, piano and rooms clean neatly each day. It will also include good behavior as well. We are making a chart to keep track and they can earn back money lost with good behavior and getting their chores done right. The kids were really excited.

So Dan and I are ready to crash and I just can't wind down. I watch a nice love movie While You Were Sleeping (LOL) and am feeling pretty tired and finally fall asleep around 11 p.m. Well, Rachel wakes up with a bad dream around 1:30 a.m. and Dan and I get up to help her and then we go back to bed. Can we sleep? NO. 2:00....2:30....IPOD is now in my ear, soft music is playing...3:00 a.m....Dan and I talk and then try to sleep...4:00 a.m. Dan is snoring...I am mad! I swore if I saw the clock hit 5:00 a.m. I would get up and go run my guts out at the gym (because the gyms opens then), but the last time I looked at the clock it was 4:30 a.m. So yes sleep finally hits. I wake up at 5:30 a.m. to Rachel asking me if she can have an apple....UGH! I sure hope I'm getting a nap today, but it's doubtful. Well, now that you've read my long drawn out boring post...Sweet Dreams!

3 comments:

lAuRa said...

LOL- poor Jen! I know exactly how you feel...you'll see when you see my post =) gotta love those types of sleepless nights, eh. =) That's funny that Hailey threw a fit- usually they throw a fit cuz they WANT their own room. hehe

Darren and Traci said...

even though it sucks to have to vent when frazzled I love to hear people do it. It makes me feel not so bad when I need my moments expressed too. :) Hope you have been able to catch up on your sleep.

Samurai Mom said...

I sympathize with Hailey. I was just like that M-E-S-S-Y. Still am unfortunately